Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

VERY Proud of Myself!

So I got bored tonight and decided that, even though I still have MONTHS before this needs to be done, I wanted to play around a little with our invitation mock up. I'm designing them myself to save on the funds. I had a mock up put together a few weeks back, but wanted to add one of the "engagement photos" we took on the beach to personalize it a little bit. Plus, my Photoshop skills are a bit weak after YEARS of not using it (and all the updates and stuff they have done over the last decade), so I was VERY proud of myself for figuring this out!



Obviously I've taken out the location information... I don't need any weird wedding stalkers! lol

But look what I did! lol I managed to steal the colors of our clothes so that our text matched (It looks a LOT brighter here than it did on my screen! I'll have to do a test print and see if I need to tone it down a bit). I also erased the lower right corner of the photo 'cause I didn't like it sticking out of the "B". I think I'm going to take it in and get it printed as a 4X6 photo and then do some sort of photo insert card with additional information on the inside (lodging, maps, registries, website RSVPs, etc.). I'm looking at something simple like this, or something a little more interesting, like this. I'm hoping Micheal's or some other craft store will have some things for me to peruse.

Now I just wish it was 5 months later and I could get to work assembling everything! lol

1 comment: