Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Blog Award!


I see these little "awards" on blogs all the time and wonder how they get divy'd out and passed around... well... now I know! lol

Thanks to Jillreigh over at Once Upon a Dream for passing this Kreativ Blogger award to me.

It's funny, because I don't consider myself a "creative" person... at least in terms of crafty sort of stuff. I'm more creatively minded... I LOVE thinking of ideas... just not always the best at implementing them! With the exceptions of words and images. I love photography and the written word (reminders of which I'm sure you've seen and will continue to see in my blog postings).

So, if I understand this right, I'm suppose to now tell you 7 things about myself and then pass the award on to 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. I think I'm going to do the pass along first (give me a little more time to think of 7 things to tell you about myself! lol).

Kreativ Blogger Awards go to:

Becoming His Mrs.
a little birdie weds
Confessions of an Obsessive Planner
BP Wedding
Unfolding Grace
Shooting for a $3,000 Wedding
And Stanley Makes Three...

I didn't check to see if each of these blogs is a "new" one to be awarded, so if you've already received one of these, then just be doubly excited. =)

Ok... now for 7 things about me.... hmm...

1) I am doing this on my lunch break at "work". I say "work" because I am a full-time, 40/week, UNPAID intern... at least until the beginning of December. This is what I get for wanting to get my master's degree in a social service arena =)

2) I met my fiance AND one of my bridesmaids on Craigslist. I love "the list" and am very thankful for it for a number of different reasons (i.e. loves, jobs, apartments, furniture, etc.)

3) I am the oldest of 4 children... and the ONLY girl. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up... hmm.. I wonder why? =P

4) All through high school I was involved in journalism... writing, photography, copy editing... even my middle school English teacher that I was going to be a reporter... two terms into my freshman year in college I decided I wanted to study crime instead. Hence, my BA and (soon to be) Master's in Criminology.

5) I lived in Canada for a year... and am currently a student at a school up in BC... even though I live in Oregon. =) BC is gorgeous, but I'm happy to be "home".

6) My high school friends all scattered as far as possible after graduation... the UK, Taiwan, Texas, Iowa, California, New York... hence, I was forced to make some new friends who lived in the same area code! =) Which, was actually quite difficult for me and I'm still REALLY working on creating a supportive social circle.

7) My nickname as an infant was "poopy"... ok... it's out there! My mother can't use this as blackmail any more!! =)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats on your first blog award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! And thanks so much for MY first! I thought you had to enter your name in these or something. What a surprise this is.....and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete