Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Marriage #1?

Last night my fiance and I went to a rehearsal dinner for the wedding of a friend of his (who is getting married today... so I should have pictures of another "real wedding" soon!). Jacob and this friend have known each other since they worked together in college and have been really close for quite some time. He is going to be Jacob's best man next summer.

Last night Jacob introduced me to the mother of the groom as his "fiance", so, of course, questions about our wedding started as well.

Then she asked me a question that I was NOT expecting...

"Is this your first or second marriage?"

I feel old.

Is this really what people think now when they meet a 27 year old getting married? Must they really clarify this fact?

No comments:

Post a Comment