Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sugar Doll!

Chocolate Lover (who's blog name I LOVE--and totally relate with!) bestowed upon me the "Sugar Doll" award! =)

Apparently, in order to accept this award, I'm suppose to write 10 facts about myself and pass it on to 10 more blogs... so... here goes nothin'! =)

1) I was in a spelling bee in the fourth grade. I got the word "arithmetic" and somehow messed it up, eliminating myself from the competition. The next word was "toward". EVERYONE that was left got it wrong... so they went to the next word. The WHOLE time I'm sitting there screaming in my head "I KNOW HOW TO SPELL THAT WORD!!!" I was so mad! lol

2) I am the oldest of four kids... my three younger siblings are ALL brothers. I've wanted sisters for SOOO long. I always hoped I'd marry a guy with sisters so I'd have them by proxy. Jacob has one sibling. A brother. *sigh* My brothers better marry girls that I like! lol

3) I have lived in 14 different homes. I am only 27 years old. That's a LOT of moving. When someone asks me where I'm "from" I get confused and don't know how to answer! (The longest I've ever stayed in one place was about 7 years (and I spent about that same amount of time in TWO different places... so where am I "from"?)

4) I started my undergrad planning to become a journalist. I took a year's worth of journalism classes (which I hated) and about two criminology classes (which I loved). So, I switch my second year... and now I'm working on my Master's in Criminology! =) I think I made the right choice.

5) On top of this, I was on the high school newspaper staff for 3 years. When I didn't made editor (and was quite upset about this), the yearbook adviser pulled me aside and asked me to be the editor of the yearbook... something I had NO experience with. So, I jumped ship, edited a FANTASTIC yearbook, and was quite happy to have had that opportunity (though I'm pretty sure that I pissed off a few yearbook veterans who were expecting the job!)

6) I have a goal to travel to every state in the country (on top of any international traveling I can do), so far I'm about halfway there!

7) I played the piano as a child and the saxophone in middle- and high school. I think it taught me a lot and I'm glad my parents forced me to do it. lol

8) Jacob is the third boyfriend that I thought I was going to marry... lol... I guess third time's a charm, huh? =)

9) If I was stuck on a desert island and could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be pizza!

10) Even though I have a love for Italian cuisine, I also LOVE southern style food. I overheard one of my coworkers describe me as a "black woman stuck in a white woman's body"... lol... this was right before he introduced me to fried catfish... umm!

ok... now... 10 more blogs.... that's a tough one (because I follow SOOO many!)

Here is my shout out to 10 more bride-to-be's (if you've already gotten this, than congrats! You get it again!)

Shooting for a $3,000 Wedding
a little birdie weds
And Stanley Makes Three
BP Wedding
Confessions of an Obsessive Planner
Brideschka and the Wedding
Burning River Bride
Once Upon a Dream
Our Destination Wedding at Home
Random Reflections of a Perfectionist

No comments:

Post a Comment