Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Obamas

Apparently the Obamas celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary this past weekend. I found this link to a story about Barak's wedding proposal, and it made me smile and think of my own. =)

A week or so before Jacob proposed we were living in separate countries (Canada IS a different country, I swear! lol) and had been apart for the majority of the prior 2 months. I had a pretty major freak out on the phone with him on night. We had been dating for almost a year and half at that point and I wanted to get married (I waited 6 years for a proposal in my last relationship and it never happened, so I had some issues to begin with! lol)... but he had told me weeks prior that he wasn't "sure" (whatever that meant). After being alone for weeks at a time and mulling this over, I finally broke down. He just kept trying to convince me that everything was going to be o.k., to stay calm, and not to freak.

And then, a week later, he proposed... lol... I felt like an idiot. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment