Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Something Blue!

I just had my first experience ordering shoes online.

I've ordered plenty of clothes before, but never shoes... I had a revelation! I think I really enjoy shoe shopping online! And here's why... I know EXACTLY what size I wear! lol When shopping for clothes, I'm always guessing, as I typically fall between two sizes, or one stores size may be smaller than another store's size (or, perhaps I ate a little more cake than I thought I had. lol). But with shoes, I can go in, buy a pair and they fit perfectly every time. It kind of makes my day. =)

So, anyhow... back to the reason for the post! =)

I always knew that I wanted to wear flats under my wedding dress. My fiance and I am the same height (I may be a BIT taller, but don't remind him of that! lol) and I don't want to be towering over him in heels. So, my thought was some simple white ballet style shoes for the reception, etc. (since I plan on being barefoot on the beach for the ceremony!).

When I went bought my ugly rain boots the other day, they cashier asked me if I wanted to register my e-mail address for a 15% off coupon. Always looking for a deal, I said sure. I figured I'd need new shoes someday, may as well have the coupon around for then.

I got it in my e-mail the other day, and here's the kicker... it had to be used online and within the next four weeks. lol I don't buy new shoes every month! But, I figured I'd take a look at their online selection... particularly in white flats.

That's when I found these:


I kinda fell in love! lol I see wedding photos all over the place with brides with cute, vibrant colored shoes. For example (care of wedshare.com),



So... I did it. I bought my wedding shoes. I haven't even really shopped for the dress yet, but I bought my shoes... my aunt would be proud! =) (And 15% off to boot! lol)

4 comments:

  1. I'm wearing blue heels for my wedding and I bought them online as well. I LOVE them! Also, I bought my shoes before my dress. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love them!!! I've been searching for flats for the wedding and have had little luck finding cute ones that were fancy enough for my dress. I hope I have as much luck as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove colored shoes. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a colored shoe bride to be as well and so excited you did the same! Nice job and congrats on the find. Glad to have found your blog so we can 'follow' each other along to our big day. I will be posting about my shoes soon :)

    ReplyDelete