Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

One Hundred Posts! (And Other Stuff)

Wow... this is my 100th post... That seems like a lot in 3 months... but, well, there it is. lol

I talked about all the things I'd marked off my checklist in a previous post... so I won't bore you with that 'cause nothing really has change... Except....

I had to plan my bridal shower and bachelorette party today.

Well, at least, I had to kinda plan the dates and locations.

See, two out of my three bridesmaids won't be in the state in the weeks leading up to the wedding. My MOH lives in Iowa and will be in Oregon two times in the next 10 months.... once to pick out dresses in December, and then back the week leading up to the wedding. And one of my bridesmaids is planning a cross country bike ride next summer... which she'll interrupt half-way through (when she gets to Iowa haha) to fly home a few days before the wedding. What does this mean for me? I'm going to have to get some good concealer for those bags under my eyes on the wedding day!

Looks like the bachelorette party will be the Thursday night before my Saturday wedding... with waking up somewhat early and traveling on Friday to get there in time for an early rehearsal dinner at the coast. And the bridal shower is either going to be the weekend before (and not have my biking bridesmaid in attendance) or the Tuesday or Wednesday evening before...

I don't know what my employment situation is going to be around the time of the wedding. Currently I'm finishing up my masters degree and HOPE that I'll have a job before then... but I also don't want to have a brand new job and take so much time off work. It's a difficult situation. So, it looks like, as of right now, that the bridal shower will have to be in Portland (where I live) so I can make it to work the next day, and the bachelorette party will be in Eugene (where my mom and friends live... maybe taking advantage of some 80's night action at John Henry's!) since it's closer to the wedding location (by about an hour)... but that means I'll probably have to make the two hour drive after work on Thursday and take Friday off (which I was planning on doing anyway).

I guess this is what happens when you're friends are just too damn independent, huh? lol

I know there are others out there who have maids all over the country... so how did you work it out?? And how did you all work out your work schedules? Anyone get married right after getting a new job??

My Bridesmaid, Holly, and I at a John Henry's 80's night last summer...
things get a little crazy even on a normal day! lol....
she's gonna kill me for posting this out there in cyber space ;)


4 comments:

  1. HA HA, I don't know what you're talking about! lol. So I'm thinking that since I have fly in all the way from the cornfields of Iowa, your shower (in my mind at least!) is tenatively planned for Wednesday evening... Sound okay to you? :D That way I plan to fly into PDX Tuesday or early Wednesday and start the wedding week off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's what I get for sticking my tongue out in a picture! At least it's not another of your armpit shots of me! :) I can't wait for the bach. party and the wedding- its all going to be SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved John Henry's! That, the Indigo District and Rennie's were my favorite Eugene bars!

    ReplyDelete