Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yay for MOH's with High Tech Jobs!

I've been stressing about my reception venue the last couple of days. When we looked at the place the room was empty so I couldn't really picture how many tables/etc. could fit. I asked the coordinator and I was told 125 with a dance floor and 150 without. As we are planning to have about 100 people this was just perfect for me.

Then I started getting ideas for decorations and realized that I needed a little more information... like, the dimensions of the room. I e-mailed the coordinator and asked, and she responded back with table and room dimensions. They sounded very disproportionate to me. So, yesterday I created a little mock up of the room and tried to make everything to scale to figure out how we were going to fit 12-13 tables dinner tables, buffet tables, cake table, gift table, etc. in this room. I was NOT finding a way to do so without having about 2 feet between each table. I started to stress a little bit.

As a joke, I told my MOH that she should figured out how to make it work. She lives halfway across the country and isn't going to be easily accessible for the majority of the wedding planning stuff, so I'm trying to keep her involved however possible. =) She sent me an e-mail back saying the same thing I feared... "I don't think it's going to happen".

Then I remembered that there was another section of the room that was being used as storage when we were there (it was blocked off by a removable wall) but we were told that we'd be able to use that space as well. I e-mailed the coordinator again asking for those dimensions and then forwarded them off to my MOH. About 10 minutes later she sent me this:


LOL... NOT what I was expecting! What I guess I should have mentioned is that my MOH is some sort of aeronautical engineer or something (I don't REALLY know what she does! lol) and has access to all kinds of fun programs at work... one of which, apparently, figures out banquet seating! Yay! =) Obviously there are a few obstacles that she didn't include in this (doors, the bar, etc.), but it's a huge relief to realize that I have this sort of brain/technology at my disposal! =)

Thanks Josie!

No comments:

Post a Comment