Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Countdown

Nine months to go!! =)

Not that I wasn't completely aware that today was our 9 month mark, but I got my little reminder from The Knot in my e-mail this morning. They had a list of things to complete this month:
  1. Create Guest list
  2. Find Save the Dates
  3. Get Tradition Ideas
I'm kind of sad 'cause I've already done these things! lol I wanted some new task (I love tasks) to complete!

Jacob and I had our guest list pretty much done within a week of the proposal. I wanted to have an idea of how many people we were working with so that I knew how big our reception venue needed to be. Then, last month, we got the final list determined after getting the parents' input.

Originally Jacob and I weren't going to send out Save the Dates. Since we are only inviting family and close friends, we figured that everyone would find out the date via word of mouth, so it wasn't that big of a deal. But then I entered and WON a giveaway on the Thirty-Something Bride for free custom Save the Dates (I REFUSE to call them STDs!) from Rachel Jasper Designs. They are in the printing stage as we speak. =)

And finally, Jacob and I don't feel the need to rely on a lot of tradition in our wedding. Neither one of us is religious or deeply connected to a particular cultural background (I asked Jacob what he "was" one time, and he had no idea! lol). So, needless to say, there won't be a whole lot of tradition at our wedding. We are getting married on a beach (not in a church), with my online-ordained brother as the minister. I'm planning on being barefoot (the rest of my wedding party may be as well), and I"m not even sure yet if I"m going to wear a veil (though, after seeing some really cool "veil blowing in the wind" wedding pictures online, I'm starting to think maybe I will). Seeing as we aren't religious, I've even found a really great secular "script" for my brother to follow for the ceremony. The only real "tradition" that I think will be incorporated is that women from my mom's family wear a certain gold bracelet on their wedding day (I haven't seen the bracelet yet, and didn't even know this tradition existed until my mom's cousin got married this summer, but I've been told of it).

So... yeah.... my 9 month checklist is done on day 1. Darn!

2 comments:

  1. Revel in having things checked off! Anyway those lists are fuzzy guidelines. Can you imagine I had the list too but it was totally not applicable because we pushed our date up and replanned with 4 months to go. Pick and choose other projects.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling...I've done some things earlier than "traditionally". But I have SO many projects, since I'm doing everything DIY, that sometimes it's overwhelming. And now with Thanksgiving, I'll have to put "wedding stuff" on a backburner...and try to sneak some projects btwn Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete