Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2009

Honeymoon... Unveiled!

So... our honeymoon planning has been in the works for some time now, but I didn't want to say anything until the tickets were booked (call it superstition, but I wanted to make sure I KNEW we were going before I said anything!). Well, guess what? The tickets are BOOKED!! =)

As a wedding gift, Jacob's parents offered to pay for our airline tickets and set us up with one of their timeshare resorts where ever we'd like to go (SCORE!). It didn't take much discussion for us to decide on a location... Here is a sneak peek at what we may be seeing....









Where can we see beautiful beaches, swim with dolphins, climb mountains, explore glaciers, see penguins and hang out lake-side all in the same place?

NEW ZEALAND!!!

That's right, Jacob and I are going to spend two weeks traveling around the south island of New Zealand. I am SOOOO excited (almost more so than for the actual wedding! lol). I LOVE to travel and am so grateful to have this opportunity.

Two weeks after the wedding (gives us a little time to rest up and get ready!) we are off! As I mentioned, we have a time share condo reserved for us for a week as a home base, but we'll also be traveling around a bit and staying in one of these bad boys: =)




lol... As you can tell, we are a little more adventurous than some and not exactly looking for the "lie on the beach and sunbathe" type of honeymoon (Plus, renting one of these was cheaper than renting the car we were going to get anyway!). I'm looking forward to swimming with dolphins, hiking in the mountains, kayaking in the ocean and watching Jacob try to drive a manual transmission campervan on the other side of the road with the gear shift to his left! ;) I can't wait! =)

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazingly breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were planning on going there!!! lol. It looks amazing though and I'm jealous. New Zealand was never on my list of "must visit" places but now it is. Oh, and please please please take a picture of a penguin when you're there for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. I have heard how beautiful New Zealand is and can't wait to check it out myself one day. Alas, the honeymoon post will be coming this next month on my end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! All the pics look beautiful and from what I've heard its a stunning place! You guys will have such a blast, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That will be amazing. I can't wait to see all the pics you will come back with. So great his parents are helping you with the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm turning green with envy here! Be sure to post lots of pictures and a description of your trip, alright?

    ReplyDelete