Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lost Respect

So... I kinda lost respect for The Knot today (not that I was a HUGE fan before).

I was looking to order some cellophane favor bags that I saw in their shop. I was really excited to see that they were even on sale today. But then I looked up the shipping... it's just as much as the product! WHY?

Then I checked out Joann's... and found plastic "treat bags". They are bigger, less expensive, and have MUCH better shipping charges! (as these are only available online).

So... The Knot's favor bags would have cost me, total, about 22 cents per bag... I'm paying less than 10 cents per bag from Joann's.

If anyone from The Knot runs across this... stop charging a horrendous amount in shipping! I liked your product a bit better and probably would have still paid more for it, but the shipping is ridiculous! I know for a fact that flat rate priority shipping is about half of what you were charging for simple ground!

3 comments:

  1. Or, for that product in particular, put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel horrible because I am currently trying to sell of some red chinese take out boxes I had bought for my favors. Turns out the colors don't match so I listed them for sale on Wedding bee and a woman offered to buy 75 of the 225 I have. I told her I'd find out the S&H and found out today that the cost to ship is almost as much as what she's paying for the 75 boxes :( It really sucks how UPS, the post office and all those places truly screw us. I told them I wanted the CHEAPEST shipping possible and the best they offered me was like $18!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so obsessed with the knot before I was engaged that it seems sooooo boring to me now. I find Google and wedding blogs are my best tools for all things wedding, even finding good deals on purchasing little wedding items. Awesome that you found a better deal elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete