Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

11-Year Old Girl Gives Birth on Wedding Day

A link to this story was posted up on The Groom's Wedding Blog at TheManRegistry.com... it just makes me so sad... not only thinking about the life of this bride and mother, but also that there are still countries out there where the lack of sexual education could lead to something like this happening... (though, I am by no means naive enough to think that it doesn't happen in the U.S. as well... *sigh*)

Girl, 11, gives birth on wedding day

13:30 AEST Mon Nov 2 2009
49 minutes ago
By ninemsn staff

An 11-year-old girl who gave birth on her wedding day while still dressed in a white gown and a tiara says she is excited to "have a new toy".

Kordeza Zhelyazkova from Bulgaria gave birth to 2.4kg baby girl Violeta last week but left the hospital with her newborn after only an overnight stay to finish the wedding ceremony, the News of the World reports.

The schoolgirl said she and 19-year-old husband Jeliazko Dimitrov met in the playground of her school in the industrial town of Sliven after he saved her from bullies.

Kordeza said the pair began a sexual relationship even though she did not know what a condom was and fell pregnant within a week of them meeting.

"I'm not going to play with toys anymore — I have a new toy now," she was quoted by the paper as saying.

"She is so beautiful, I love her ... Violeta is the child and I must grow up.

"I am not going back to school — I am a mother now."

Kordeza said she did not realise she was pregnant until her grandmother pointed out her weight gain.

"I just thought I'd eaten too many burgers," she said.

But Mr Dimitrov could be jailed for up to six years for having sex with a girl under 14.

"I'm scared ... I want to look after my wife and child ... instead I may be going to prison," he said.

"I made a mistake but I am not going to apologise for that because now I have beautiful Violeta."

Kordez said she was not planning on having any more children.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That really is sad. I hope her parents are going to help her raise the baby, if she thinks it's a toy.....

    ReplyDelete