Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Story of Us...

So someone posted this survey on Myspace... generally I wouldn't fill my blog with fluff like this, however this particular survey was interesting to me as it asked questions about the relationships between couples and I thought it was relevant... plus, for those who don't know our "story" it will fill in the blanks for you! =)

In The Beginning

Your name: Brittney

Your mates name: Jacob

How we met: via a personal ad on Craigslist (mine)

Where we met: In an e-mail message. lol

What attracted you to each other: I described myself as the "girl next door" type and he said, "I'm looking for someone to spend time with that is open to change and can make me laugh"

How long before you went out: About 5 days =)

First Date: We met at Shari's for a late-night dinner

When: Jan 9, 2008

Where: Shari's in Eugene, OR

Who asked who: He suggested dinner, I suggested Shari's... I had a craving =)

Best part about the date: The fact that he was so nervous he couldn't finish his dinner! lol

Most nervous about: I was surprisingly o.k... he was the nervous one!

Who called whom first: I think he probably did

FIRST Kiss

When: our first "at home" date at his house

Where: his house while watching "The Kingdom"

Who kissed whom first: He kissed me

We will always remember: my response, "It's about time!"

Saying the LOVE word: kinda scary... didn't want to get hurt again

Who said it first: I did

When: Within a couple weeks of dating... we moved pretty fast in that area I think

Where: lying in bed

His reaction: He told me that when I said it, everything in the room stopped and the only thing he heard was my voice. =) (he meant this in a good way!)

Your reaction: Nervous... Excited

First Trip: The Oregon Coast

When was it: Valentine's Day, 2008

Where was it to: His parents beach house

Did you buy any souvenirs: Don't think so... not much shopping on the ocean

Have you been back together: A number of times

Tokens of affection: Photographs of the two of us together

First gift he gave you: I have no idea! lol We don't give a lot of gifts, we're more interested in experiences than material things

First gift you gave him: See above

When was the last time you bought or received flowers: He's never given me flowers =P

What did or will you do for Valentines day? The last two we've gone to the coast... it's a nice tradition that I'd like to continue =)

Feast on this

First meal he cooked for you: I not sure, but I'm going to guess the usual... steak and mashed potatoes =)

First meal you cooked for him: I cooked a Papa Murphy's pizza that he brought to my house before a movie... lol.. believe me, I've cooked better things since!

Foods you introduced to him: Vegetables! lol

Foods he introduced to you: A LOT of steak

Nights at home: TV... him computer games, me homework

Favorite meals: Steak and potatoes for him... (see a trend!), I like a lot of different things... from fried chicken or pork chops to sushi to pizza

Favorite treats: ICE CREAM

Favorite things to do: Take trips, explore.... even if it's just areas of our own neighborhood

Favorite Ice Cream: chocolate peanut butter I think

Out on the town: Movies, bowling, pool

Favorite restaurants: He took me to this really nice Italian place when we first started dating... we haven't been back since! lol

Favorite dance club: As a couple we don't have one... he's not a big dancer =)

Favorite theatres: Any with nice seats!

Favorite activities: Movies, dining out, exploring

Our future holds: marriage and a family

What he wishes for: To be debt-free

What you wish for: To be debt-free with a family and a good job!

Random

Our Differences: I'm more of a social butterfly, I enjoy going out and get really antsy if I'm alone for too long. He's more of a homebody and enjoys solitude and playing computer games. I drink socially and love to dance, he doesn't drink at all and will only dance on rare occasions =)

Our Similarities: We are both Virgos (birthdays 3 days apart). We are both confident, mellow, intelligent people who picture the same kind of future for ourselves.

I have always wanted to tell you: Nothing... I speak from my heart often and tell you I love you daily... I can't wait to be your wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment