Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Missing Him...

So Jacob and I are currently separated by about 300 miles... we have been that way for the past 13 days and I still have to make it another 12 before he comes back up for "the move".

I'm up in BC finishing up my summer term of classes, meanwhile, he is staying with his brother down in Oregon while he takes a summer term of classes. My schedule this summer has been pretty lax, I've been able to take a couple weeks here and there to go stay with him, but August is a tough month and so we have to battle out the long distance thing.

I miss him so much though! I can't stand being up here by myself (the cat doesn't count) and I miss having him here... even if it's just him sitting at his computer playing a game while I'm in the living room watching a "Friends" rerun... just having him in the same house is so comforting.

Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I started to wonder if I still had the first e-mail that he sent me. I met him when he responded to a personal ad I posted on Craigslist back in January 2008. Sure enough, I had it. I reread it; it was nice. So, today I started to wonder if I had our "chats" from the first two weeks--from our first date to the day we decided to be "exclusive". I do. =) So I re-read over all of those... hours and hours of getting to know each other. I laughed, I smiled, I just miss him more now! lol But just reading things that he'd written to me, and being able to "hear" his voice in my head saying those things, put me in such a good mood and reminded me how simple it actually is to fall in love with a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment