Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Date

The Oregon coast is not known for it's excellent weather... in fact, more often than not you wear sweatshirts with hoods and people look at you funny if you even attempt to go for a "swim". However, there are those random days when the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the ocean sparkles. This is the day I want to get married on! However, predicting it can be the problem! lol

I pretty much knew that you can't count on a good day at the coast unless it's during the late summer.... so we decided on August. Ok, so, then what day in August? We wanted a Saturday, which left us with a few options. I started at the bottom. August 28th. Being the super-obsessive planner/organizer that I am, I visited the Farmer's Almanac website and went back year-by-year for 10 years to see if they'd had rain at any point on that day. Yup... rain! August 21st? Rain. August 14th? NO RAIN! I then told Jacob that was the day we were getting married! lol

I've been watching the weather forecast for this August 14th to see if the rain will stay away for another year. I got worried for awhile! Earlier this week it had rain in the forecast, but as of today, Weather.com is predicting "party cloudy" for our area! Yay! =)

I know there are no guarantees. The "smart" bride-to-be may be considering back-up plans (which I am, to an extent), but I REALLY want to get married in the sand! Then I saw this picture a fellow blogger posted. This made me happy... and, if the infamous wind can hold off too, this may work! Now I'm starting to wonder where I could find about 30-50 white and/or blue umbrellas? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment