Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Rose By Any Other Name...

I'm working on revamping my photography website a bit. It's senior photo season and I'll be back in the U.S. by the end of the month, so I thought I'd do a little advertising and see if I could get a couple jobs. Jacob put a website together for me and I created a header logo thing with my name in it. It occurred to me that my name wouldn't be my name for too much longer, so I made an identical one with what will soon be my name so that I have it when the time comes... But it just LOOKS so weird to me! lol I've had my name for 26 years, I'm use to it! I've got my signature DOWN! lol

All you married ladies out there.... how long did it take you to get use to seeing your new name? Or even writing it without having to think about it?

2 comments:

  1. Hhhmmmm.... let's see, I think it probably took around 6 months to a year. But, I honestly wrote my maiden name once when I was under stress at work just this year. And we've been married 5 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signature took about half a year, and it still seems a little strange to me four years later at times. The name part probably took a few months, but we moved to a new area where many people only knew me as a Yorgesen, and not a Burks, so that helped. The name change process itself was a real hassle. I'd get on it right away and be sure to get extra certified copies of your marriage license.

    ReplyDelete