Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Photographer #1

Jacob and I met with photography candidate #1 this evening. It was kind of weird interviewing someone for the wedding... it was our first experience with it and I wasn't really sure what to look for or what to expect. We are on a VERY tight budget, so we are looking to get the biggest bang for our buck while still finding a photog that we are comfortable with and who produces good work.

Overall, we really liked this guy's enthusiasm for the craft (rather than the money) and liked the work that he showed us. Photography is more of a "hobby" for him at this point (I say that because he did it professionally for years but now has a "day job" and does wedding photography on the weekends) and he does it because he loves it. Which, in turn, I love. My only beef is that he talks a bit much... but, he's trying to sell himself, so it makes sense. =)

Here's a sample of a wedding slide show that he produced and has up on YouTube. His name is Guy Perkins, I recommend contacting him if you're a bride in Oregon looking for a cheap/good photography... just don't book him for my wedding date! ;) You can find his advertising on Craigslist!



One down... four more to go! lol

2 comments:

  1. He looks good! If you get clips like this for all four photographers you can post a poll and have people vote! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, that's a great idea! I may have to do that! =)

    ReplyDelete