Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wedding Diet.... Oxymoron

Dieting before your wedding is a hard task to accomplish... especially when you need to *taste* everything!


Jacob and I did our first "cake" tasting this weekend via Saint Cupcake here in Portland. (Excuse the lack of 4 cupcakes... we got excited and started munching before I thought about taking a picture! lol). They had a lot of great sounding options (check out their menu), but all in all, we just weren't that impressed. Most of the cupcakes didn't taste particularly unique... I could have made them myself. I don't want a wedding cake that tastes like I could have made it... unless I did! While I really did like the "Fat Elvis" (banana chocolate chip pound cake... mmmmm...), Jacob was not a fan of their frequent use of cream cheese frosting (he's more a butter cream guy). The highest rating any one cupcake got was a 7/10 (Jacob and I devised a rating system so we could keep track of what we liked) and the bakery as a whole only got 5.5/10 on average. So, it looks like we're moving on.

We have three more bakeries on our list... the goal is one a weekend. Wish us luck! =)

2 comments:

  1. Those still look yummy! We're not even doing a cake really, just either a slab cake or a few desserts. So no cake testing for us, enjoy it for me please! Maybe we'll test some just for fun.... =)

    I'm sure you'll find something that blows you right out of the water and you'll know you have to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely recommend doing cake tastings.... even if you aren't planning on getting anything. They don't need to know that ;)

    ReplyDelete