Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Visiting My Dress

Yesterday I went to "my" bridal shop (which is holding my dress for me until August) for a little visit and to try on some veils with my dress... this is the excuse I gave the shop, but really Iwanted to see how I looked in my dress after dropping 20 lbs. ;)

If you've been reading for awhile you'll remember that I got my dress 50% off, off the rack, at a sample sale this winter. Additionally, since I'm the perfect height for wedding dresses (5'10") if I was able to dropped an inch or two around my hips, I wouldn't have to make any alternations to the dress (read: not spend more money)... which was my goal.

Well... let me tell you! lol When I got the dress shop I was introduced to their seamstress (is this P.C. any more? I don't know... alterationist? lol) who was going to be helping me into the gown. As she was cinching up the back she asked how it felt. I told her that it was fine... and then I mentioned that I'd just dropped some weight and was really looking forward to seeing how it fit. THAT is when she made my day! She said:

"It actually looks like we may have to take it IN a little bit"

Take it IN! Not let it OUT! No mention about the hips at all!!!!! Now, while I liked the idea of not having to pay for alternations, I LOVE the idea that if alterations need to be made it's because I'm too SMALL... NOT too big!! Woo hoo!!


P.S. I loved my dress more yesterday than I did the day I bought it... I think maybe because I wasn't trying to make a decision... just enjoying myself in it. =)


I just had to share =)

4 comments:

  1. that must feel good! i'm a little nervous about trying mine on again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I know the feeling, and it’s awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the back looks! And congrats! That must be a great feeling! Bring on the alterations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray!!! That's got to feel awesome! And the sneek peaks are beautiful! I made my veil, do you have any craft ones neaby that can help you do this? Really, it is that easy, most fabric stores have the makings. But let me konw if you find an easier, cheaper route, craigslist?

    ReplyDelete