Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Three In One!

I have THREE wedding-y related things for you today... so, here's a three-in-one post for you. =) (Don't want to fill up your google readers with three different posts from me within 30 minutes! lol)

Bad Dreams

I had a wedding related nightmare last night. Before I tell you about it, let me preface by saying that my dream world has always been quite weird... so bare with me!

My dream last night was about the reception. In my waking hours I'm stressing out about our reception venue not being big enough (I'm pretty sure the capacity was over estimated to us when we signed the contract--we may be able to FIT that many people in, but probably not comfortably). However, in my dream last night, the reception venue was actually quite nice... the problem is that nothing else was! We were told that we'd have round tables, but in my dream all the tables were long (which, in actuality I would prefer, but I've already bought linens for round tables). Also, the flowers looked horrible and I don't think I saw a single sunflower. Plus, the centerpiece look I envisioned for round tables did NOT look good on long ones. And non of the table runners I bought matched... they all looked like weird, cheap tie patters in various shades of blue.

The weirdest part though was that, in my dream, Jacob was not only black, but had a twin brother... whom I accidentally tried to kiss not knowing it wasn't Jacob! lol


Vases!

Last week I finally got some input from our florist about what kind of vases I should purchase, so, I did a little shopping and found these!



Nine inch cylinder vases! I think they'll look great with bunches of sunflowers (I did a little Internet stalking and found images like this that made me decide for cylinder rather than rounded). Best part? I got 18 vases for.... wait for it.... less than $25!! Big thanks to the Dollar Tree's online shopping capabilities! =)

(My
PWC is getting bigger now though... I currently have four boxes not stacked behind my TV... and I anticipate this number growing in the upcoming months).


Tasting #2!

We picked up our second round of cake samples today! This time we went to the bakery at Lamb's Market. I had a sample of their cake at the last bridal show that I went to. I had never heard of Lamb's before and didn't realize they were a grocery store... I was kind of surprised! But, the cake sample I had was great, and then I heard that they were quite popular with weddings (not to mention cheap!).



Six samples this time (I couldn't help myself.... we ate one before the camera phone came out... oops!). We got hazelnut with hazelnut filling, chocolate chip with chocolate mousse filling, chocolate with fudge filling, white with raspberry filling, almond poppy seed with strawberry filling, and banana with Bavarian cream filling. Haven't eaten more than the one yet (Jacob had a big breakfast/lunch) but.... mmmm... I can't wait! =)

2 comments: