Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Help Me Find a Veil!

As I mentioned in my last post, the excuse I gave the bridal salon this weekend for an appointment to "visit" my dress was because I wanted to try on veils... this wasn't completely a lie. I've been "window shopping" online recently for veils but it's so hard to figure out what you want without actually trying it on with the dress!

I kinda fell in love with two veils at the shop... but can't really afford either one of them, so I remembered as much info as I could about what I wanted, then came home and hit the 'net hoping to find a good deal for a similar veil elsewhere. Alas, I wasn't particularly successful... so I'm hoping one or two of you guys may have some resources/knowledge and that you'll spread the wealth. =)

What I'm looking for: Diamond white, single tier, fingertip veil with beading (if everything else is there, I'm willing to go for an elbow length veil... but nothing longer or shorter).

What I loved at the bridal salon: Floral embroidered beading... it matched my dress SOO well! But the $100-$200 price tags did NOT.

Here's a small section of my dress with the beading... I would love to find a veil with a similar look! Can you help??

2 comments:

  1. Joann Fabrics has some fabric that looks very similar to the pic you posted. Make sure you use a coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent a few photos of the veils that I was admiring to Cindy of Etsy's "Fascinating Creations" and the veil she custom created for me is ABSOLUTE PERFECTION at a freaking fraction of the price of the veil at the boutiques in town. They were wanting upwards of $300!

    Plus. I felllll in love with Cindy - she wanted to make sure it was perfect for my big day as a bride :-) I would contact her and send her some pictures of your dream veil and talk to her about what she does!

    HUGELY RECOMMEND HER!!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/FascinatingCreations

    ReplyDelete