Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Up and Running!

Yay! My blog is looking presentable again! BIG thanks to Jacob for helping me out with the coding (I don't get it... thankfully he does! lol).

SO.... wedding world updates? Umm... none. We're skipping this weekend's cake tasting fun (which really sucks 'cause I'm craving sweets like no one's business). We were supposed to have another cake tasting, but when I called the bakery to make an appointment the woman who answered the phone was kind of bitchy (apparently it is a HUGE inconvenience to have a consultation at 5:30 when the bakery closes at 6... however, when I offered to simple pick up samples and make the consultation appointment later at a more convenient time, that was apparently unheard of as well).

After mentioning her attitude to Jacob he said, "we don't have to go there"... and he was right, we don't have to. We really liked the place we got samples from last weekend and we're pretty sure we're going to go with them, so, I had Jacob call the other bakery a couple days later and cancel our tasting. Instead, we scheduled a consultation with Lamb's... which has turned into ANOTHER tasting (shh! They don't know we already had one! lol).

So, in a couple weeks time we should have a cake order in! Woo hoo! =) Not really sure if it's going to be a cake or cupcakes anymore though... depends if they can put filling in the cupcakes. Jacob really wanted cupcakes, but after he tasted their fillings he started to waver a bit! =) I'm not picky... cake is cake... so this one is completely up to him.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new look! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog looks awesome! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brit! At the last wedding that I went to they had both cupcakes and a regular cake. The cupcakes were for the guests. The B and G did the traditional cake cutting on the real cake, which was just a small, round cake with their cake topper on it. I thought it was a great idea and I wanted to pass it on to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great! Its so nice when the fiance has skills you don't and can help out :)

    ReplyDelete