Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm a Wuss

I really, really tried! (well, kinda anyway...lol)... but "The Shred" kinda went out the window after two days... just not my style working out in my living room in front of the TV. I much prefer going to a gym or riding my bike/walking/hiking outside. Although, I do need to do some serious arm toning for my beautiful strapless dress... so my goal is that when I AM hanging out in front of the TV I'll be pumping my little 5 pounders, too. =)

HOWEVER, I have been watching what I eat since December when I stepped on the scale at work and realized just how many bags of Doritos and chocolate ice cream I must have consumed since my senior year of college (the last time I actually took account of what I weighed).

I've been on a calorie counting "diet". I hate that word 'cause no one ever sticks to a "diet". But, what I like about counting calories as opposed to other fad diets is that I'm not NOT eating anything. I still eat all the same stuff, just in smaller portions and I'm aware of what I'm putting in my body. And, on top of walking about 2 miles a day to get to and from work, I have lost approximately 10 lbs AND had to cinch my belt up an extra set of holes today!! WOO HOO! =)

On a very opposite note... it's about time to start scheduling cake tastings... I can't wait! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats to you Brittney! I wish I had your willpower and determination.....maybe someday. lol
    Keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey a fellow oregonian bride on a 5000 wedding budget! I saw your comment on Cupcake's blog and thought I'd pop on to say hello!

    How fun to have a wedding on a beach :)
    We're doing the backyard thing, should be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you, prefer to be doing something more active - although exercises with hand weights I am ok with doing at home. Plus I am not into the "abusive" type of work out. I'd rather go slow and steady. Congrats to you for being so mindful and the 10lb loss! Keep us updated on it all, especially the cake tasting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!!! Let me know if you want some company on any of those cake tastings ;)

    ReplyDelete