Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bridal Show Take Two!

I took Jacob to the Portland Bridal Show today! I wanted to share the "wedding planning experience" with him. ;) We got there at about 9:45 (doors opened at 10:30) to stand in line to buy tickets. He quickly looked around and said, "Am I going to be the only guy here?" I told him it was a real possibility! lol

I saw at least three or four other guys there though! =)

We walked around, tasted cake (mmmm... I can not WAIT until that part of the process! I tasted the BEST chocolate chip cake with fudge frosting... mmm) talked to DJs, looked at suits and tuxes, entered contests (I forgot my labels... so I wrote my name and address down a LOT) and got bombarded with vendors!

I wasn't sure how Jacob was going to handle it, but he was a trooper! He even entered a couple of contests himself... one for dance lessons! (This I was pleasantly surprised by!) Also, Men's Wearhouse was having a bridal show deal... rent 5 tuxes get a suit valued up to $400 for free (to keep!). So Jacob put down a (refundable) deposit.

Originally we were going to go the suit route for the groomsmen, but Jacob really wants a NICE suit (who am I to question this? I get a fancy dress, why can't he have a nice suit?) and, as our budget can't really handle anything super fancy, we may have to rethink our plans and put our groomsmen in tuxes. I searched around their website and found a couple of more casual tux looks (I'm really digging the grays) so we might be alright. =)

Has anyone else taken their guys to a bridal show? How did they fare? Jacob mentioned that women kept smiling at him. lol Maybe this will be a good piece of info to get your guys a little more interested in a girlie afternoon? ;)

5 comments:

  1. We went to one together this weekend. My fiancé loved the Cuisinart cooking booth and, of course, the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone with Mr. Milk to 2 so far and he was very ok with it all. He was actually pretty interested in the dance lessons too! He was also able to see some of the things that I had been talking about e.g. a specific type of vase, and give his input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny as there was a bridal show here this weekend and we thought about going! We didn't end up going as I'd already been to enough of them and he wasn't too sure he wanted to experience one!

    I love that he was right into it! I'm sure Tj would be if we went.

    PS that cake sounds delicious. lol. Chocolate chip cake with fudge icing? Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the Brooks Brothers outlet in Woodburn and got a killer deal on ou guy's suits. They ended up paying about as much as they would have if they rented tuxedos. Just make sure to ask the salesmen about any upcomming sales they are having. We were able to hold off for a good sale and order the suits over the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday I was at Burlington Coat Factory in Janzen Beach and they had some really good prices on their suits. Macy's is another good place to look. We got my dad a suit there.

    ReplyDelete