Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Ceremony Venue Woes

I have seen MANY blog posts from bride-to-bes about where the light is going to be during their ceremony/reception... I have bigger worries...

Will there even BE a site for my ceremony?

Having my wedding on the beach I need to take more mother nature into consideration that I would like to, i.e., tide tables.

For instance, here is the tide prediction for the day of our wedding:



Our wedding is planned for 5, 5:30 or 6ish pm... which means that we will be DIRECTLY after high tide.... meaning, I may not have a beach to stand on! Or, at least, not much of one! ='(

I'm slightly stressed now and kind of wish that I wouldn't have looked at this. We can't change the time of the wedding too much... it just doesn't make sense as we want to serve an actual meal... and I am NOT going to get up early enough on my wedding day to have everything done by lunch time =P I need my beauty sleep!

Jacob and I are headed to the coast in March for a relaxing weekend after I turn in my thesis (hopefully). I checked the tide table for that weekend and, if we go down to the beach at approximately 10:53 am the water should be at about the same point as it will be at 5:30ish on our wedding day... so I can actually see how much of the beach is left at that point... I just hate to wait that long...

4 comments:

  1. You'll be fine.... IF your site is the stretch of beach I know, there's plenty of room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer! I hope Holly is right and it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll be fine as long as you're above the high tide mark - where the sand is soft & dry. Don't add another thing to your list of worries!

    ReplyDelete