Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Getting Tired....

.... of getting screwed over.

Our perfect wedding-night hotel (The Wayside Lodge in Yachats, Oregon... I REALLY want this to come up in google searches!) just informed us that they are revoking our reservation because we only plan on staying one night, and not the two that they have determined to be their minimum.

They aren't not allowing us to make a reservation... they are TAKING AWAY the reservation we already made!

Is this legal?? It's certainly not good business practice... we haven't responded to their e-mail yet... does anyone have any good ammo I can use??

5 comments:

  1. I think they can refuse a reservation request but it's definitely bad business practice. Do you have a few rooms booked by other wedding guests? Could you threaten them with taking away more business? I'd try the nice but tough guy bit first if you really want to stay there.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful! I would be so pissed! If you have a contract in writing (maybe even an email?) you might have some kind of legal right. Maybe you could offer to pay for the hotel room a head of time to hold your reservation? If it doesn't get resolved I would report them to the Better Business Bureau and what ever other site you can rate hotel and businesses. If you talk to the hotel on the phone and say they can't help you say, " Alright, put someone on who has the authority to help me." Tell them you will wait as long as it takes and keep asking to talk to the person's manager.

    Good Luck! I really hope you get it worked out! You deserve a perfect wedding night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe businesses act so shitty in this economy. Im so sorry. Good luck finding a new place. Silver lining: You dont have to spend your money on those DBags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is bullshit, I can't believe they're doing that! I'm sure you'll find a much better hotel in the long run my friend, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's really frustrating, but is that really the type of service you hope to receive on your wedding night? Unfortunately maybe it's not the perfect place after all.

    ReplyDelete