Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

DJ? Check!

Up until this past weekend we had pretty much come to terms with the fact that we couldn't afford a DJ and so were going to go the Ipod route. Then we went to a bridal show and I started to think that I really wanted a DJ.

I did some shopping around (DJ websites and Craigslist... gotta love "The List") and the cheapest DJ I could find was about $200 over our max budget... and some were AT LEAST double what we had available to spend. In a last ditch effort I e-mailed an old friend and coworker of mine (who DJs at different clubs back home) to find out what he charged. His response to my question was something along the lines of "What's your budget? You know I'll look out for you". And he TOTALLY did.

My buddy, DJ Sipp, agreed to do our wedding (which he needs to travel about two hours to get to) for our $400 budget! Woo hoo! I'm pumped! One last thing Jacob and I need to worry about! Yay for great friends! Our friends and family and really pulling through for us for "our day"... we are more than grateful.


4 comments: