Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

How I Spent My Weekend



Remember having to write those "How I spent my summer vacation" essays in school? lol... sorry, random, but I thought of that with this post title. =)

It is almost 90 degrees outside right now, so I have decided that it is a good time to spend some time in the coolest room of our apartment (the living room) and get some hands on wedding shit done. I'm feeling pretty accomplished right now, albeit a little sore from the sitting and bow tyiing (I went not built for this kind of repetitive work). So, without further ado, here's "what I did on my weekend":


(If you are coming to the wedding and want to be completely surprised by the decorations/favors , read no further!)






Table numbers and various menus/signs! Thanks to your comments on my earlier post, I decided that assigning tables is not going to be a waste of my time. So, via the powers of Microsoft Publisher I created table numbers as well as signs for the guest book, cake flavors, and wine selection. I printed them on index cards and then slid them into acrylic frames that I got at Micheal's! Woo hoo! Originally I just had the text on there, but they looked really empty, so I decided to add different photo of Jacob and I together for each number. I'm really happy with the way these turned out.

I also did some....

Wedding favors! I don't want to go into too much detail about what these consist of, but I do want to say that I SUCK at tying bows... so this task has been pretty time consuming and daunting for me... so, if you're coming to the wedding, you better appreciate! lol Unfortunately...


I am FAR from being done... *sigh* I may develop arthritis by the time I'm done with all of these. My kids will be wearing Velcro shoes until they figure out the bow tying thing on their own! lol

We have 20 days left until the big day. Last weekend I was feeling very down and emotional about everything wedding related. This weekend I've felt a burst of "get shit done" energy... and I'm definitely thankful that it found it's way back to me! I will also be thankful when I can finally get all of my piles-of-wedding-crap (PWC) out of our kitchen and living room!





I think the cat is probably looking forward to getting his area back, too! =)

3 comments:

  1. That's great you were able to get so much done! They look really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh wish I coulda been there to help you out! Especially with all those bows and my killer bow tying skills ;) Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have come and helped :)Next time text me I'll make the drive.

    ReplyDelete