Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weekend Fun

I have my first dress fitting/alterations appointment this weekend and I'm kinda excited... not only to try my dress on again, but also to play dress up with all the accessories that I've purchased to go with it. I haven't had the opportunity to try ANYTHING on with the dress yet... so I'm just hoping that they all look alright! lol

I had a little bit of a problem scheduling my fitting. The bridal boutique where I purchased my dress does not do alteration appointments on Saturdays... only Monday-Friday. Problem. I WORK Monday-Friday... an hour+ away from the boutique. I was told that I would need to adjust my schedule. I haven't been at my job long enough to "adjust my schedule" for these type of things (I just celebrated my 6 month mark a week or so back and am desperately trying to save up vacation/personal time for the wedding/honeymoon), so I was faced with the dilemma of finding somewhere else to go for my alterations.

I looked around a little here in Portland... but I had a really hard time because I worried about taking it somewhere without a recommendation... and I wasn't finding any in my area. So, in the end I took a recommendation from a former high school classmate (who happens to be getting married the same day as I am) and am taking my dress to a woman who is currently independent after working in a bridal salon for years. Plus? She is VERY reasonable priced and, like I said, comes recommended. Negative? She's even farther away than my original bridal boutique*. Plus #2, however, is that she will see me on Saturdays. So, this Saturday my mom and I are headed her way... and I get to play dress up. =)


*One of these days I'm going to have to map out where my wedding is coming from... lol. Not only is the venue a "destination", but in order to find the best deals I am picking up pieces of my wedding from all over the western side of the state. lol

3 comments:

  1. I’m glad you found someone, and I hope you have fun! I had a lot of issues scheduling my alterations, too, since the bridal boutique said they couldn’t get me in until just two weeks before my wedding! I luckily found someone else, too, who ended up doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun; you're going to look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times! My alterations lady was in Silverton, so yeah...I hear ya on the trek. She was super great and really reasonable as well. Glad you found someone and sounds like you don't need much changed, super!

    ReplyDelete