Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

TWO MONTHS!

Holy Smokes! lol Today marks the two month countdown! It's getting close now! Woo hoo! =)

Got one more thing checked off the to-do list this weekend.... flower girl dresses! Jacob and I are having two flower girls and two "ring bearers" (they won't actually be carrying any rings, may not be "bearing" anything actually, but they will still be there looking pretty darn cute!). The flower girls are Jacob's niece and his cousin's daughter. The ring bearers will be my nephew and his nephew.

I wanted to find a simple white sundress for the girls to wear that I could wrap a blue sash around to match our colors. So yesterday I met the two girls, and their grandmothers, to do a little mall shopping. Thankfully I got there about an hour before and did some preliminary shopping to pick a few things out... and it TOTALLY paid off!

I found two different dresses at JCPenney's. The girls got there at 11, tried on two dresses, we bought the first one and a couple pairs of shoes and were off to lunch! VERY easy! The dresses were a little big and will need a little alteration (specifically shortening the straps) but for only $20 (!!) I'm very happy with them!

Here's a shot of our happy (and not so happy! lol) flower girls in their pretty dresses!

5 comments:

  1. great find! those are really cute. My seamstress made our flower girl dresses however she didn't make them until the night before the rehearsal dinner leaving us a bit stressed out but they were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute dresses and cute girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanna Pam here, Sophia's Grandmom. We did have FUN and Brittney's pre-shopping definitely paid off. The girls will look quite nice come wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable - those were exactly what I was looking for - oh well. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete