Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Done and Done!

So, really felt like I got shit accomplished this weekend! Or, at least, closer to accomplished.

Last Monday I drove down to Salem and picked up my wedding dress from the boutique that was holding it for me. On Saturday I had my first fitting/alteration appointment with my seamstress, Lois. I was not able/willing to have the bridal boutique do the alterations, so I went to an independent woman who was recommended to me. I was a little nervous when my mom and I walked in and were playfully attacked by a couple of little dogs (last thing I want is dog hair on my dress), but then I saw that her hall closet was covered in wedding dresses and I felt a little bit better! (Plus the house was REALLY clean... yay! lol)

My mom helped me into the dress... which took about 15 minutes. I think you should be required to take a class on how to lace up a wedding dress before you're allowed to leave the shop with it! Finally, Lois came in, put two pins in my dress, and that was that. I got redressed and we were off! VERY quick! But it was a confident quick; I did not leave questioning anything...

At least, not with the dress. I was able to quickly try my veil and necklace on with the dress... and I think I'm having second thoughts. I think my necklace is a little too shiny. I haven't decided yet... it will probably be one of those last minute decisions, but I'm starting to question whether I want to wear it, or wear a faux-pearl necklace that I already have. I have beading on my dress and I'm starting to think maybe the "pearls" will look better with the beading than the shiny-ness of the jeweled necklace... hmm... I'll guess we'll have to see. =)

After my fitting I met my bridesmaid, Jessica, at Joann's to take a look at some patterns for the ring bearer outfits. I was having a really hard time finding a little boys vest to match the groomsmen (and didn't come in some obnoxious slack and tie set). Thankfully, Jessica graciously offered to sew up a couple of vests! I found this pattern (check out the vest... gotta love the 1970's pattern art, eh? lol) and bought the fabric, buttons, etc. I can't wait to see how they turn out! Our boys are gonna be stylin'! =) Plus, with all the fantastic sales and coupons I had, the vests will come out to less than $10 each! Woot!


Finally, on Sunday, while my father lounged around watching golf and enjoying "his day", my mom and I spent some time in the kitchen working on our wedding favors. They are ALMOST done now! Would have finished them had I not forgotten one box of supplies at home... bah =P

Oh well, it's just a matter of hot gluing now... I can't mess that up, right? =)

1 comment:

  1. At our wedding, I had a necklace picked out and it broke the morning of our wedding, so I actually ended borrowing my mom's necklace and it worked out well. I think you'll look lovely not matter what. :-)

    ReplyDelete