Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Awkward!

Oh. My. God. Do I have a story for you! lol

So, you all remember how I posted that I found out (via craigslist) that our event coordinator at our reception site moved on to a different job, right? WELL, I've been trying for the last couple of weeks to contact her replacement, however the e-mail address I had kept bouncing back e-mails, and my calls weren't getting returned (I was told she was on vacation). I was getting a little annoyed, but I understood that summer equals vacations. Plus, I've been SUPER busy at work these last few days, so I haven't had the chance to call during normal business hours. Today I asked Jacob if he could call on his lunch break and try to check in with this woman and see if we could schedule a time on July 5th to meet her and check in about some details (we're going to be at the coast that weekend... probably the last time before the wedding).

So, he did... and I got this note in an e-mail from him at work today:

Apparently she went to high school with you.

What?!?! We are having a DESTINATION wedding.... the destination town is small (only about 2,000 people) and is about two hours from the my home town, which was also quite tiny. My high school only had about 600 students total. The fact that my new event coordinator at my reception site went to high school with me is just bizarre in itself... but it gets worse... read on.

I only knew this woman's first name. I asked Jacob if he'd gotten her last name... he hadn't, but told me that she'd been a year behind me. Bingo. Lights flashed, sirens went off. I knew EXACTLY who she was... and I wasn't particularly over joyed.

Don't get me wrong, she was VERY nice! We had classes together and got along really well. However, her senior year of high school (my freshman year of college) she was dating this guy we had gone to school with... who I started dating very shortly after they broke up.

I dated this guy for YEARS... and, in the end, found out some not-quite-so-nice stuff about him (pretty much, discovered he was a lying, cheating, scum-bag who lived one of those crime-drama-tv-show-double-lives). After discovering this, I worried that, perhaps, he had broken up with this girl in order to date me... or, and worse yet, dated us both at the same time.

I know it's been years since she dated him, but I never knew how they ended exactly... and I don't know if she holds grudges (if I was, in fact, the cause of their separation).

So... this could be a very bad, uncomfortable situation for me, or, it may be a good one (since we did have a good relationship back in high school and were friendly).

::sigh:: I guess only time will tell...

But still... how f'ing weird, huh??

8 comments:

  1. Hoping it all goes well and there is no awkwardness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! I’ll keep my fingers crossed it works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap! Glad she's not doing your wedding anymore, aren't you??
    Sheesh and yes, it is a very small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awkward... I'm sure everything will turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. That IS awkward. And the fact that she's not making herself easily available to you doesn't help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh geeze. I hate awkward situations like that. Big reason why I never plan on attending high school reunions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete