Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Slumber Parties Aren't Just for Pre-Teen Girls!

There are 3 boys asleep in my house right now.... what cracks me up a little bit is that the cat has the big bed to himself and my fiance is sleeping on the couch with a tiny little back support pillow! lol

I got the opportunity to observe a very strange phenomenon last night... the slumber party of a 28-year-old computer nerd! lol

My fiance loves computers.... everything from building them to playing a multitude of games on them to working from home on one. Computers seem to be his passions, so I try not to tease him about it... too much. ;) Last night a friend of his came over at about 11:00 PM with HIS computer (I'm talking a desktop... NOT a lap top! Hauled over the tower, monitor... the whole bit), set it up on my desk (my little 15' monitor dwarfs compared to the large screens of these two!), and the two of them played some interactive, team game ALL NIGHT LONG sitting side by side... but on different computers. lol I went to bed about 12:30... woke up about 8:30... and they were still at it! This is a game that they could have played "together" at two different houses, but they chose to get together in the same room to spend the "time" together.

This is much like the slumber parties of my childhood. We could very well have slept in our own beds with a telephone to our ear and had the same conversations (and not have been so cranky in the morning), but, instead, a gaggle of 12 year olds chose to cuddle up in sleeping bags on the hard floor and stay up until 2 in the morning giggling and trying not to wake up the parents. This is EXACTLY what the boys did last night. lol

And now, at 10 AM, they have just gone to bed. Friend on the futon in the guest room, finance on the couch in the living room and cat in a ball in the bedroom. =)

1 comment:

  1. My fiance is also a 28 year old computer nerd! haha. So I know exactly how your night went. I bet our fiances would get along great! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete