Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

They're Gone!

Our wedding invitations have been let free into the world! =) But not after FIVE HOURS of folding, gluing, taping, and addressing. Thankfully, I was able to get some crafty people in my family involved to help out! And we also managed to finished the programs and about half of the favors! Woo hoo!

Bridesmaids Jessica and Holly, my grandmother, my brother's girlfriend Brittany (two of my three brothers are dating a "Brittney".... it gets confusing) my mother and me.


Third brother's girlfriend, Jennifer (or, as we should probably call her in our family, "Not a Brittney". lol) and my mom working on the favors.


Woo hoo!! Almost done!


Now, off to mail them. Unfortunately, the weather looks like this today (if you can't tell, icky, gross, and raining**), and I walk/take public transit to work... and the post office.


Thus, this is how the invites traveled to the post office! lol I was not going to let them get all spotted! So, 56 invites out there, 120+ guests invited... let's get these RSVPs rollin' (so I can stop stressing out about having too many people show up! lol).


My first DIY wedding project was not so bad. Granted, had I not had help I would have been in tears and tearing my hair out by the end... but, thankfully it didn't come to that. =) Everything turned out a lot better than I was anticipating and the project went by a lot smoother. I will do an invite reveal in a couple days when guests have had a chance to receive them, but you're all going to have to wait to see the programs and favors until the wedding recaps... I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone coming who may read this!

**I'm hoping that all the rain we're having now means that August 14th will be absolutely beautiful! =)

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Can't wait to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm sure thats a huge relief!

    can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must feel good to get them out! I'm sure there will be perfect weather in August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to have so many helpers! Congrats on getting them out!

    ReplyDelete