Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Invitations:: REVEALED!!!

*** SPOILER ALERT! If you are family/member of the bridal party and haven't gotten your invite yet... DON'T RUIN THE SURPRISE! STOP READING HERE! ***


Last weekend my mom, grandmother, 2/3 of my bridesmaids and 2/3 of my brother's girlfriends, helped me put together our invites, programs and favors! As I mentioned in the earlier post, you'll all have to wait to see the favors and programs, but it is been almost a week since I mailed out the invites, and, as we have already gotten some RSVPs, I figure they have pretty much been received by this point and it's safe to share. =)


(Yes, I sent an invite to the President... I want whatever little commemorative note they send back! Believe me though, had this wedding happened a couple years earlier, I probably would NOT have send this invite! lol)

(Our envelopes were "Sand Speck"... we thought that was fitting!)

Without further ado...

Our Invites!
(My apologizes ahead of time for the poor picture quality... doesn't do the colors justice!)

I really wanted pocketfolds... but I could neither afford them, nor rationalize the extra time (and stress) I knew I would put upon myself to make them. So, instead, I opted for a single sheet of blue paper and a paper band.

I really loved the label idea that Aubrey at High-Heeled Love used for her invites... so we stole the idea. =)

Upon slipping off the paper band and opening the blue wrap, our guests found:

I designed the invites/inserts and I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out! I love this wording... we found it somewhere out there in cyberland (though, I've seen a bunch recently, so it must be making the rounds! lol)

Our insert is two sided... the first side gives the guests RSVP and other helpful information, the back side has a map and directions to and between the ceremony and reception sites (I designed the map, too! lol.. totally utilizing my limited Photoshop knowledge!):



Finally, my cousin is acting as our DOC... so lightly taped to the inside of each blue wrap, is one of her business cards... so hopefully people will bug her on the day of the wedding instead of me!


I am not a typical DIY bride. I love the visual/creative aspect of it all... but the actual hands on stuff... well, it scares me a bit. lol Thanks to my family and friends these invites turned out FANTASTIC. I am so thankful. And, they definitely came in within our budget! Here's the run down:

Blue paper wraps, yellow paper for band, and envelopes ordered from Paper and More: $34.30
White paper for band and labels: $0 (lying around the house!)
Invitations and inserts: $0 (BIG thanks to Uprinting's Blogger Sponsorship Program!)

Total cost for up to 100 invites (though we only needed about 65)?

$34.30

With postage, the final cost, per invite, was a whopping 87 cents!

LOVE THIS! And love the way they turned out!



6 comments:

  1. Bah! Totally just noticed a "typo" on the President's envelope.... geez... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. $34.30!?! I think you deserve some kind of award for coolest invites with the most kick-ass price tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they're gorgeous and I can't believe the price. And I thought I was budget conscious. Thank goodness for Uprinting right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look great, and its hard to believe on such a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look beautiful! We spent more on ours, and they definitely were not as well-designed as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great. Thanks for the shout out! And you're getting married on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete