Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Night of Debauchery!

After the bridal shower my girls and I set out for my bachelorette party. Again, as none of them actually live in my town they had some difficulties finding a venue for the night. Via one of their sister's recommendations, we started out at Aztec Willies.

Before walking in, they donned me in the traditional bachelorette party garb... a poofy veil, sparkly "Bachelorette" sash, and a big, blue, blinky ring. lol Holly went up to the bar to order herself and I a drink, but, seeing that he had a bachelorette party, the bartender had different plans for my beverage. He told Holly that he'd bring me "something special."

THIS is what I ended up with!


A fishbowl sized FLAMING beverage (very citrus-y.... maybe "Sex on the Beach" like)!

(P.S. This photo was PRIOR to ingestion... I'm just already that tired. lol)

I struggled, but, slower I managed to finish it off!


I was feeling pretty good at this point! lol... especially after having a Sangria, too! =)

The girls showered me with more gifts (though, this time HIGHLY more inappropriate, hehe). Then we decided to head downtown for a little dancing.

We landed at The Dixie Tavern, a Coyote-Ugly style bar where the girls actually get up on the bar and dance (and encourage customers to do the same).

(Girl on bar)

Two things really surprised me while we were out, 1) how many congratulatory comments I got from strangers (I know this shouldn't be a surprise since I was wearing a big blinking ring and a sash, but it still was), and 2) that my garb was actually a CHICK magnet. All kinds of random girls came up to "dance" with me... maybe trying to rub off some of the marriage "luck"?



We also ran into a bachelor party while we were there.... the groom popped by to say hi and congrats:

(That's my bridesmaid Holly in the background.. lol... must have been a good song on!)

All in all, it was a fabulous, tiring, late night. A great time was hand by all (as illustrated by Holly below! lol)... though I was definitely feeling it the next morning! lol

My sash didn't quite make it out alive. lol

1 comment: