Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Let the Recaps Commence!

**Photo Heavy! And LONG**

Ok, so I think it's about time that I should start some sort of recap. The professional photos are not due back for another couple of weeks, so I'll start with the pre-wedding festivities and hopefully finish those up before we take off for our honeymoon on the the 31st! (sooo looking forward to that!)

I don't have any photos from the bachelor party (not sure if that's a good or bad thing... lol) but I have plenty of photos from my bridal shower, bachelorette party, and the rehearsal/dinner, so we'll start there.

Because two of my three bridesmaids currently live in a different time zone, my bridal shower was scheduled for 2 days before the wedding so that they could all be there. My girls started getting into town Wednesday. Holly got to Portland in time for us to go out, eat some sushi and have a glass of wine before getting back to welcome Josie later that evening. Jessica joined them the following afternoon. Unfortunately, since I have only been at my job for about 8 months (and am taking a two week honeymoon) I did not have enough vacation time saved up to take Thursday off to spend time with my girls. So, I went to work Thursday while they went about finishing up the final details for the bridal shower that afternoon. I really wish I would have been able to spend some more time with them... I don't see them nearly enough. =(

The shower was held at Washington Park (a FANTASTIC choice!). None of the girls are from Portland, so they were definitely the blind leading the blind with decisions such as venues, but they did a great job. Once everyone got to the picnic site (there was some confusion over exactly WHERE in the gigantic park our specific site was), the party got started!



Holly and Jessica, my two vegetarian bridesmaids somehow got stuck grilling the meat! lol They did a fantastic job, though! =)



Mmmmm.....


I'm a big board game fan (love me a good game night!). I was pretty excited when people bought us the games we registered for (we also got Apples to Apples and Othello). I think in this photo Holly had just said, "Hey! I know how to turn that into a drinking game!" =)


My mom made me a "Money Tree"


I loved this little kitchen set that my aunt gave me. Wore it for the rest of the afternoon (minus the pot holder!).


The whole gang!


My girls and I!


With my rehearsal bouquet. I love how color coordinated the party was! =) I loved my colors!


Mom and I

I had a great time. I was a little worried about the party games that my girls may come up with, but they kept it simple, and one of the games actually worked out to my mental-health benefit! =)

The game (which many of you may recognize), lasted the whole evening. Everyone was given a ring to wear, and told that they could not say the words "wedding" or "bride"... if someone caught them using these words, they had to hand over their ring. The person with the most rings at the end of the party won.

The unintentional result of this game was that NO ONE talked about the wedding or asked me questions about it! I LOVED this! After 13 months of planning I was getting really sick of talking about it. Instead I got to talk about work, home, life... you know... those things that a person has/does when they AREN'T planning a wedding? It was fantastic! =)

The only other game of the evening was a "how well do you know the bride and groom" type of thing. Josie, my matron of honor, had Jacob answer a dozen questions about me. At the shower all of the guests, including myself, had to guess what Jacob said and/or what the ACTUAL correct answer was. It was pretty funny. Some of the questions I knew Jacob wouldn't get (and I was right), other questions I knew WHAT he would answer (even though it wasn't my actual answer) and I got those right, too! Good thing though was that he got the important questions right, like what our first date was, how many kids I wanted to have, etc., etc. It was a good game and Josie had all the questions and answers printed out on nice cards so that I can save them with the rest of my wedding keepsakes.

Josie, Holly and Jessica.... THANK YOU for a fantastic shower! You guys did great!

Oh, and Josie, thank you for being the official shower photographer!! =)

2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome. :) I'm glad you had a great time at the shower. When we picked Washington Park we had no idea how big it was. lol. But it all turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Love the apron set :)

    ReplyDelete