Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And the Drama Continues...

If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll remember my wedding shoe drama.

First, I was excited that I ordered the shoes;

Then, I was sad that the website was wrong and the shoes were out of stock;

Then I was ECSTATIC when a fellow blogger led me to another shoe find;

Now... I'm sad again.

I ordered a pair of blue ballet flats from dessy.com. They were suppose to take about a week or two for the shipping. Three weeks later I e-mailed customer service to figure out what was up. I got an e-mail saying that the shoes had shipped and sent me a tracking number... for a shipment that WENT OUT two weeks after I ordered the product. So, a month after the order, I finally got the shoes.

I ripped open the package, and tried them on. Too small! I have NEVER had issues with my shoe size! I can go in to any shoe store, put on a 10 (yes, I have big feet) and they fit. Sometimes I don't even try them on first (don't tell my mom!). These ballet flats were about half to a whole size too small.

I was a little annoyed, especially since "all sales are final"... but I figured I'd just try to sell them on craigslist or something.

But THEN I took a closer look at the shoes.

There was a brown spot/stain on the side of one heel. And the other shoe's sole wasn't affixed properly. Instead of the fabric at the heal being tucked under the sole and glued, it was sticking out!

Now I was REALLY mad. It took twice as long to get to me, was too small, AND damaged?? And they don't accept returns. So... I sent out another e-mail.

Thankfully, and this is the pro out of the situation, they responded with a return shipping label and a promise to credit my money back once they recieved the shoes. So, in the end...

The search continues.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! That sucks! Could you order a larger size? Or don't you want to risk it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a drag! I'm really sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with shoes, but really glad you're getting your money back.
    Good luck in your quest...I'll keep a lookout for you too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nightmare. No worries...you *will* find something. Those just weren't meant to be. At least you got your money back - huge plus!

    ReplyDelete