Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

To Avoid Getting Three Toasters*

Jacob and I registered for gifts on Sunday. We figured that with only 4 months to go it was probably a good idea to finally do it.

In all honesty, I was NOT looking forward to this part of the wedding planning process. 1) I hate "shopping". I prefer to know what it is that I'm looking for and then go find it. 2) Jacob and I have VERY different tastes. He is a very "dark" person (blacks, dark greens, etc.). I am a very "light" person (look at the wedding colors... guess who picked those out? lol). I wasn't looking forward to the towels, bedding, etc. where you actually have to match/pick a style... I just knew we were going to be doing our passive aggressive arguing (me: What do you think of this? him: It will work. me: But do you like it? him: How about this one *showing me something black* me: hmm.... what do you think of THIS one instead *showing him something in blue*). This is NOT my idea of a fun afternoon! lol

We decided to register at Target. We both shop there, it's pretty easy for anyone, anywhere to get to, plus prices are reasonable.

Before we left the house I told Jacob that he needed to get pumped up to do some major shopping. He just looked at me and smiled like I was nuts. Little did he know...

We spent FOUR HOURS in Target. Some of the store associates even said, "Wow, you guys are still here". Jacob made a comment that he was surprised that the guest service agents were the same ones at the end of our trip as they were at the beginning... he thought for sure we would have seen a shift change. He even made me stop halfway through the store to take a coffee break at their snack shop... lol I TOLD him to prepare himself! Why don't boys ever listen?

All in all, it wasn't TOO bad. Our biggest battle came over silverware. Seriously. Who would have thought the question of whether or not we needed forks would have almost brought me to tears. lol Jacob just didn't see the point in getting new silverware when we already had perfectly satisfactory silverware.

Anyway, after four hours in the store and another three-ish online when we got home, we have pretty much finished our registry... even though Target is telling us that we are only half way there based on the number of people on our guest list. I REALLY don't think I can find another 80 products to register for!

Was anyone else out there NOT jumping at the chance to register for gifts?

*Funny thing is, we don't even HAVE a toaster on the registry... we did register for a fondue pot though... kind of excited about that! lol

4 comments:

  1. I like my silverware! And it was better than anything Target had in the store and a complete set! lol

    All in all, a very tiring yet exciting day. I just hope we got everything we want on the list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We registered at Target too and it took us several hours! I love to shop but Patrick-- not so much. Poor Patrick was complaining about his feet hurting so we finally had to leave. hehe. I still want to register at Crate & Barrel or Bed, Bath & Beyond but he said there's no way he's ever doing that with me again. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you already have a toaster then theres no need for another and a fondue set sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started an online registry with Macy's and on April 23rd, we're going to a sip and scan date to finish. We also registered with Tiffany and I still want o register with Target. Should be fun although I know i'll be going with either BM or MOH, no way FI is going.

    ReplyDelete