Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

What To Do... What To Do...?

I'm not getting married for about 13 months... that seems like a helluva long time to me... and I'm not REALLY sure what I should be doing. I have a book that a bought quite awhile ago with a time-line checklist thingie that I've taken a look at and it has a few suggestions of things to do when you have more than 9 months until the wedding... so I'm working my way through the research and, I have discovered that wedding photographers are EXPENSIVE! OMG! lol I was not expecting for the average quote to be 4 digits for 4 hours! It's just unbelievable to me. So... I started searching craigslist again! lol As you know, I love CL... maybe I should have themed my wedding around them! Anyhow, I'm looking at amateur photogs looking to enhance their portfolios. As I am one myself, I know how important this is to them. Anyhow, I found a woman I like who is doing her first official wedding in a couple weeks. I've seen her portraits and I like, so I'm hoping I like the stuff she puts together to show me at the beginning of August.

Jacob and I are trying to do this wedding thing on a pretty tight budget... the last thing we need is to be in even more debt after the wedding (he owns a house and I have student loans... we don't really need much else!). Chances are that we'll be going the same "amateur" route for most of our expenses and services... so... if you know anyone, PLEASE let me know! lol

3 comments:

  1. You should totally have a bbq reception. Maybe get family members to pitch in making stuff on the day of. Or a potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda-- we were kind of planning to have a BBQ reception... either with family preparing or possibly utilizing the hospitality/management students at the Oregon Coast Community College. I still need to look into that one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how much pro photographers cost. lol.

    ReplyDelete