Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Ring!

So... I don't QUITE have the ring yet, but Jacob picked it up for me today and sent pictures!! So, I thought I'd share! =)

As I mentioned in a previous post, he used his grandmother's ring when he proposed. But, my fingers are chubby, the ring was too small... so we decided to get a different one for me. After getting requests to post a picture of his grandmother's ring, here it is... diamonds and rubies:


A few days later we went ring shopping together and I picked out my ring. I'm not a traditional bride-to-be... the size of the diamond is not important to me, and, in all honesty, typical engagement rings don't really do anything for me. I wanted something with a little style, and some character, so, I opted for a sapphire and diamond band:

Jacob and I were both born in September (1 year less 3 days apart), so both of our birthstones in the sapphire. Plus, I LOVE blue... so.. this is perfect! I can't wait until I'm back in Oregon and get to FINALLY put it on my finger!! (3 days!!!)

6 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! I love the ring by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Jacob's Grandma Lola would have loved it. The rubies in her ring (the ring that Jacob proposed to you with) were added many years after her marriage to Jake's Grandpa Sam, and they were for her birthday as well. Enjoy! Pam and Carl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ring! I was born in September, too, and sapphires are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete