Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

Wedding Party!

Yay! I finally have my wedding party finalized! Jacob and I will each have three friends standing up with us. Jacob has his brother and two friends from the U of O. I managed to get a representative from three different "eras" of my life... high school, college, and "beyond"! lol

My Matron of Honor (MOH), Josie, went to high school with me in JC. I was the MOH at her wedding (though she ditched all the wedding planning and 4 of us flew to Vegas for a Little White Wedding Chapel ceremony) and now she'll be returning the favor! =) I still remember when she was a bit of a tom boy in high school and I had to practically bribe her to wear a skirt to the homecoming dance... now I get to dress her up in a poofy-girly dress if I so desire. ;)

I met Jessica, one of my two bridesmaids, when I worked at Papa Murphy's while going to school in Ashland (come to think of it, Josie use to work at a P. Murph's too... lol). Jessica was a year ahead of me in school and moved up to Eugene when she graduated, and I followed a year later... ultimately getting a job at the same place she worked when she left to spend time with the Peace Corps in Fiji (I'm still a bit jealous about this! lol). Now, after two years on a tropical island, and a beach wedding of her own, she's willing to help me out with mine!

Holly is another of my craigslist finds. =) She moved down to Eugene a couple years back and posted an ad looking for some females to hang out with... as I was in need of some estrogen as well (Josie lives in Iowa (which is where Holly originally CAME from) and Jessica had just moved to Fiji) I responded... and, in totally platonic terms, it was love at first sight! lol She's FANTASTIC! So much fun and an awesome friend. She's currently finishing up her time at the U of O before she heads off to ride across the country next summer on her spiffy new bike with her two dogs in tow! (She just better make it back before the wedding! lol)

2 comments:

  1. lol. This post made me laugh. Just remember though, before I abandoned all wedding plans and flew to Vegas, I was going to be nice about the bridesmaid dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry chica- I'll make it in plenty of time! :)

    ReplyDelete