Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Tosses

(Unless otherwise noted, all photos courtesy of Justin at Sky Blue Iris Event Photography)


The last set of "events" for the night was the bouquet and garter toss. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a traditional bouquet toss (i.e. call all the single ladies up front), because I have BEEN that single lady at friends weddings and KNOW how shitty it can feel... especially if you aren't even dating anyone at the time. I was thinking that I would make this little speech beforehand about the bouquet toss being open to everyone and it being a symbol of attaining a dream/wish/or desire (kinda like blowing out the candles on a birthday cake), but, I never got that far. When the DJ made the announcement that it was time for the toss, a good number of ladies jumped up and on the dance floor... so... I just went with it. lol



Holly caught it! (Though I was told that it smacked one of the flower girls in the face before Holly grabbed it... lol... I have yet to see proof of this however!)


A little while after the bouquet toss it was time to toss the garter. My BM Holly (already feeling "happy" due to several trips to the bar lol) decided to take it into her own hands to get everyone organized for the garter toss... only, we had no idea what she was doing. lol She grabbed the Best Man, dragged him onto the dance floor, all the while screaming for me to join her. We got out there together, and then she left... leaving the best man and I out there on the dance floor alone... so he started to dance. =)


Meanwhile, Holly was trying to find Jacob... only, he was in the restroom. Which, apparently, didn't stop her from going in after him! lol

Finally Holly had everyone wrangled, got the best man down on all fours, and got the toss moving! lol



I love this photo of Jacob's nephew... he REALLY wants that garter!

Jacob had to take a minute to figure out how to flick the garter backwards...

It didn't work. lol

Here is take two! =)
(Love the pout on his face! lol)


And, of course, the one who REALLY wanted it, got it... even if he is only 8. =)

(Guest Photo)
And, of course, the dance between the bouquet and garter catchers... I think Aiden is in heaven. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment