Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

First Dance

Jacob and I don't have a "song", so it made it REALLY complicated to figure out what we were going to use for our first dance as husband and wife. I knew that I wanted something a little less traditional and maybe something a bit more upbeat. A couple of our top contenders were Brighter than Sunshine by Aqualung (anyone ever seen "A Lot Like Love"? LOVE that movie! lol), and You & Me by Dave Matthews.

Just for fun last spring we took a swing dance class at our local community college. After dancing together for a few weeks and learning some of the basic moves, we decided to spice up our first dance a bit and do a swing number rather than a back and forth sway-like-you're-at-a-high-school-dance thing. We tried dancing to our two top contenders (and a couple of others), but none of them fit or felt right... leaving me, to say the least, a little stressed out.

I spent many an hour obsessing about what song to use. I went through my MP3 player multiple times, accosted my CD collection, and was on high alert every time the radio came on. And then we found it:



Jacob and I did kind of accidentally fall in love (certainly wasn't expecting to meet the guy I would marry via a craigslist ad! lol), so the song kind of fit that way, plus, it was a great swing number. =) I really wanted to keep our selection a secret from everyone until the big moment, so it made it even that more fun when something so peppy started playing! =)



**Above photos courtesy of Justin at Sky Blue Iris Event Photography. Photos below via our fabulous guests and our photo sharing website.


1 comment:

  1. We don't have a song either so I can totally relate to the difficulty you guys faced. We ended up using Micheal Buble's Everything, so now we have a song :) Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete