Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Speech! Speech!

As dinner came to a close and Jacob and I completed our rounds, our best man and matron of honor gave their speeches.

I was lucky enough to have my good friend Josie as my matron of honor. I've known her since high school (more than 10 years now... yikes!). She knows a lot about me, and knows a different "me" than many people will ever meet now. It was nice to be able to have her give a speech. She told about how awesome I am (aw shucks!) and then about my relationship with Jacob from her end. As she lives in Iowa, this was a serious of phone calls along the lines of "I met a guy", "I like this guy", "This guy is moving to Canada with me", and "This guy proposed!". lol It was kind of sweet. Josie had only met Jacob once before we got engaged, so it was kind of funny to hear how the relationship grew from her point of view. =)

** All photos courtesy of Justin at Sky Blue Iris Event Photography


Jacob's best man, AJ, has been in Jacob's life since college. As you can tell by the photos below, he gave quite the animated speech!




His speech was fantastic and had everyone cracking up laughing. He told a story about first getting to know Jacob when they worked together in a hamburger joint on campus and the misadventures that they had one day. It was hilarious...

... however, back in our hotel room that night as we were recapping on the events of the day and I mentioned how much I enjoyed AJ's speech, Jacob said, "you know, like, 90% of that was made up, right?"

!!!

Apparently AJ is quite the performer and pretty good at the art of exaggeration and taking some creative liberties. But, it was still a damn good speech! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment