Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Destination #5: Wanaka (Day Two)

So, looks like I inadvertently lied in my last post. I was looking back over our photos and realized that I totally skipped a day. We spent a full day in Wanaka between Milford Sound and Franz Josef getting lost in a giant maze! =)



Wanaka is home of Puzzling World with it's great maze and illusion rooms. Jacob and I decided to give it a shot and see how we'd do (I'm pretty sure we walked all of those 5 kilometers!).

Jacob trying to get a look at where we needed to go.


One-quarter of the maze. Two levels, LOTs of twists, turns and dead ends!

By this point I am getting really, really annoyed and tired... lol, but still managing to keep a happy face. =)

One hour later we FINALLY finish! In this photo I'm truly happy.... to be done with the damn maze! lol This thing would be a FANTASTIC Amazing Race detour (I love that show). Now, on to the illusion rooms!


The Hall of Faces... or something like that. These faces of famous people all seem to follow you as you move around the room.

We are standing straight... obviously the room is not.

Little Jacob

BIG Jacob!

It was a fun day. You know how sometimes you just need to act like a kid again? This place gave us the opportunity to do just that. (Though, I ended up as the cranky kid that Jacob had to placate by buying an ice cream cone later, lol, but all in all, it was a good day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment