Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where Did We Leave Off?

After the food was consumed, the desert enjoyed, the speeches given, "the dance" (and dances) done, and the tosses complete it was time to party!

The only thing I KNEW when I first started to plan the wedding was that I wanted DANCING! I LOVE to dance. I love going out with my ladies and letting my hair down on the dance floor.

I was concerned for awhile that Jacob and I wouldn't be able to afford a DJ for the reception and were going to have to do the ipod route. Understand me, I have nothing against ipod weddings if they are done right. However, 1) I don't have the best selection of music, and 2) Ipods can't read the crowd... I really wanted a real live human who was able to pick the music that was needed in order to get the party going (and lasting!). Thankfully a few months before the wedding I spoke to a good friend of mine, DJ Sipp, who offered to do the wedding for the price that we had budgeted for music (a number that we had pretty much pulled out of our you-knows before we determined just how expensive wedding entertainment (and everything else) actually was).

I was overjoyed to have a DJ. And he definitely delivered! We even had wedding crashers later in the evening that asked if they could join our party because our music was better than the bar's downstairs in the hotel. We said yes, they signed our guest book. ;)

(Unless otherwise noted, all photos courtesy of Justin at Sky Blue Iris Event Photography)

*Guest Photo
A little collar-poppin' action from my baby-bro/officiant.

*Guest Photo

*Guest Photo


And then there was salsa.... =)

*Guest Photo


One thing that I LOVE about wedding photos are cute kid pictures... especially cute kid dancing pictures! These definitely got me smiling! =)

*Guest Photo


And then Jacob's nephew Aiden started to show off his moves! I really wonder what movies this kid has been watching! =)



After the kids had their fun and headed to bed, it was time for the "adults" to have their fun =)

*Guest Photo
I love drunken sing-along faces! =)

*Guest Photo
My brother "worm"ing his way across the dance floor =)

*Guest Photo

*Guest Photo
Everyone had a great time... even my cousin/DOC once the work was done! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment