Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Year in Review (Part 1)

I have a couple of "year in review" posts that I'd like to do... but we'll start with this one and see how it goes. =)

Via Being Jillian,

What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
SOO many things... I'm not even going to mention them all now... keep reading... lol

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've learned not to make resolutions as I always end up failing at them, and I really don't see the point in setting myself up or a failure. I've had many goals for myself over the year, some I've succeeded with, and others I'm still working on. =)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
This year (and next year) seems to be the "Year of Babies"... lol... so many former classmates, relatives, etc. have been poppin' 'em out! =) And there are a few more expected in the coming months!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada (didn't live there this year... just visited), New Zealand, and Australia.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
A million dollars? =) In all honesty, I'm really, truly content right now.

7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Spring (not a date, I know): Finished my Master's Degree requirements! August 14: Got MARRIED. September 4: New Zealand earthquake (we were there, scared the shit out of me). December 23: Got the keys to our NEW HOUSE! December 31: First night in our new HOME! =)

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Many in the wedding blog world may say "my wedding", and while it may have been a lot of WORK, I don't see it as an "achievement"... i.e. it's not something I'm going to be able to brag about and/or put on a resume down the line. My biggest "achievement" this year, I feel, was finishing my Master's Degree in Criminology.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't have failures... only things to learn from and move forward from. =) I honestly can't think of any of those either...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Umm... nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
lol... the house... it's hard for me to say that we "bought" it though, since we'll still be "buying" it 30 years from now. lol

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family and friends! No (more) embarrassing (than usual) antics at the wedding! =)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not really something I want to talk about here for the world to see... but let's just say that while some family and friends were really there for me these year, others were not.

14. Where did most your money go?
The wedding, the honeymoon and the house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The honeymoon! I LOVE to travel! I got excited for the wedding too, but I was too busy stressing out about it that I didn't really get to enjoy the process until the day of.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"Hold My Hand", Hootie and the Blowfish. Jacob used it for our "Us" slide show at the wedding reception and I think I will always think of that as our "wedding song". (See it one more time at the end of this post!)

17.
Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a. Happier
b. Thinner
c. Poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with my friends. I was sooo busy this summer with wedding stuff that I feel like I, literally, lost time.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. But that's what I do... *sigh*

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with Jacob's family (X2), Christmas Day with mine.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Just deeper =)

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Hmm... Hard to say... I'm kinda addicted to Vampire Diaries these days... and Jacob and I have just gotten into Mike and Molly.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope... same people. lol

24. What was the best book you read?
I don't think I can answer that... I've read a lot of books... and I've loved a lot of books. The Help was up there, as was the Millennium Trilogy.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Street musicians in downtown Portland. =)

26. What did you want and get?
Masters, Married, House. =)

27. What did you want and not get?
A stress/worry-free experience with the three above mentioned things. lol

28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Hmm... no idea really. I saw a lot of movies, but none of them are really sticking out to me.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My 27th birthday was spent.... umm.... I don't remember. lol We had just gotten back from our honeymoon a couple days before and were exhausted. I know I worked. I think I may have had dinner with my family that weekend.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Sorry to say this, but I think more money.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
I took a few risks. lol But my main objective is still comfort.

32. What kept you sane?
Chocolate =)

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
This is one of those things that you don't discuss at dinner parties, so I'm going to go ahead and pass on it here as well. =)

34. Who did you miss?
Female companionship... (not a "who" exactly, I know), but I'm working on that for this year!

35. Who was the best new person you met?
Katherine... first new "friend" in Portland. =)

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Life can change in an instant, so don't stress over the processes that take a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment